Friday, 26 November 2010

Stop leading life of quiet desperations

"Most men live lives of quiet desperation" is a quote from Henry David Thoreau of which I saw towards the end of a book I recently read - "Earn more, Stress less". It is a quote I find rather intriguing. The meaning of 'quiet desperation' can be interpreted as bottling up the feelings of desperation and dissatisfaction. Someone also suggested that it could be describing people who just wanna follow the flow and fit into the society, they might be too polite to complain and too busy to think about it much. I am sure there are many of us out there who fits the bill, including myself.

How many of us are daring enough to voice out our dissatisfaction? How many of us are brave enough to pursue our dreams and set high goals? How many of us are leading the kind of life we truly want? How many of use live lives for ourselves, not for others? It really makes me ponder.

Then I must ask these questions to myself. Sadly, I have to admit I AM right now living a life of quiet desperation. I have no clear goals in mind, I am not doing the job I most loved, I am just going with the flow with 'what's right' and what I ought to be doing with my qualifications. And amidst all these, I have no quiet time to myself to really think about what is it I want and plan how I can achieve that.

Maybe we are just too afraid to take the leap. We thought quiet desperation is just fine, staying in a spot would means nothing can possibly go wrong. And how WRONG could that be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...