Sunday, 27 November 2011

Android smart keyboard

The good thing about android over iPhone is none other than it's flexibility in apps and programming. I have been frustrated for months over the phone's build-in dictionary for typing and messaging because it has got a lot of ridiculous words that pop up as word choices (some are not even English I suspect) and is not 'smart' enough to differentiate which word is most used. So I finally got down to downloading a smarter keyboard for my phone with a proper english dictionary.

Initially I was afraid that an external interface program might lag or slow down the phone, but no it works fine. Best of all, the skin can be changed so my liking so I no longer have to stick to a black coloured keypad (there's even an iPhone keyboard skin!). The only minus point is the lack of Swype, which the original android Galaxy S has. Efficient as the swype function is invented to be, the lack of a good dictionary greatly reduced it's efficiency when I have to filter out the word from the long list of pop-up words and sometimes it just automatically give me the word I didn't want. Another negative point is if I want to input number lets say for time, when I press on 2, it will give me a '2b' by default selection from it's ever-so-clever dictionary. This new keyboard has no problem with just giving me my single number at all.

I shall continue to use the trial for a couple more weeks. If it works smooth as it is now with no glitch or lag, I would buy it to get rid of the 'buy me' pop-up.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...